Do I get help with my rent?

Yes. Public housing is government assisted rental apartments for low-income families. The Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority manages those apartments in the City of Buffalo. If you meet our low-income guidelines, you may be able to move into a BMHA apartment. What do you pay? Normally you will be expected to pay 30% of your income for rent. And most utilities are included.

Show All Answers

1. Do I get help with my rent?
2. How low is "low-income?" What are the income limits?
3. What developments are available? Can I wait for the development I want?
4. How do I qualify?
5. What is this screening process?
6. What can I do if my application is denied?
7. How long will it take before I can get an apartment?
8. Are there ways to speed up the process?
9. What else should I know?
10. Does the BMHA provide emergency housing?
11. How can I get more information?